Associate Editor Vacancy
Journal of Perioperative Practice
Vacancy for Associate Editor
We currently have a vacancy for an Associate Editor for the Journal of Perioperative Practice.
The Associate Editor is a member of the Review Panel and responsible for ensuring that the Journal of Perioperative Practice (JPP) maintains the highest quality while adhering to the established double blind review process.
In brief, the Associate Editor will:
- be allocated no more than three papers per month via the Editor
- appoint appropriate reviewers for the paper
- secure the agreement of the reviewers to conduct the review in the allotted time
- determine if the manuscript requires major or minor revision based on the reviewers remarks and his/her own assessment of the manuscript
- convey the revision requirements to the author
- review the resubmitted paper following author revisions and determine the need for a further peer review
- once satisfied that the required revisions have been completed, the Associate Editor recommends acceptance or rejection of the paper to the Editor.
Another key part is to encourage new and established authors to submit papers to the JPP and a nominal fee will be payable for each manuscript managed through the review process.
Communication between the Associate Editor and the reviewer and between the Associate Editor and the author is a very important aspect of the Associate Editor function, and represents the value added by an Associate Editor.
The appointment of an Associate Editor is made by the Editor and the term of appointment is for two years, renewable for a further term of two years.
Expressions of interest are welcome from candidates who have experience in the peer review process and/or providing feedback.
For more information please email: email@example.com