Novice Writer Award
In memory of David Pidduck
The Novice Writer Award was launched in 2004 to commemorate David Pidduck, who served as the editor of the AfPP Newsletter from 2002 - 2004. David encouraged many novice writers to submit articles on contemporary issues for the Newsletter and Journal of Perioperative Practice (JPP) and in recognition of this AfPP dedicate the annual Novice Writers’ Award in his honour.
Purpose of Award
- The aim of the award is to recognise and raise the profile of novice writers.
The Novice Writers’ Award winner will be given an all expenses paid* place at AfPP’s Residential 2019 to receive their award, together with a certificate and a copy of AfPP’s Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice.
Criteria for Application
- The article must be published between January and December 2018
- Authors must be a resident of the United Kingdom
- In the case of multiple authors, the prize will be divided accordingly
- A former board/trustee member or staff member of AfPP may not be nominated for the award
- All articles to be judged must be the original work of the author and must not have been published in any other journal
- *Travel expenses not included
If you would like to discuss your application before submission please contact 01423 881300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to provide guidance.
Please email completed application forms back to email@example.com