To review “Sustainability” across different areas of perioperative practices.
Sustainability is something that we all want to achieve, but how?
We will review workplace sustainability of the perioperative environment – reviewing our practices against the bigger picture. We will look at how we can sustain the delivery of the Operating Department services for our future patients with suitable staff, understanding the challenges faced and how we could address those by introducing new and evolving roles, including the use of apprenticeship training programmes.
We will look at how we can support our continuing and evolving educational knowledge by using technology and linking up across the region and wider via Twitter to share education. Sustaining registration will be considered through the reviewing of Fitness to Practice case studies. The facts will be read out for you to offer your thoughts and debate before the HCPC/NMC ruling is disclosed.
Finally, we will review sustaining oxygenation in a can’t intubate, can’t oxygenate (CICO) situation, guidelines and all our roles within this situation.
Topics covered include:-
- Sustainability in the Perioperative Environment
- Sustaining a workforce for the future
- Sustaining up to date knowledge using information technology - The role of the internet and social media in shared perioperative learning.
- Sustaining our registration – Just the Facts!
- Sustaining oxygenation in a CICO situation. The Vortex approach to can’t intubate, can’t oxygenate and the roles of the team.
Please see full programme for learning outcomes - 5 hours CPD entitlement