To have a basic understanding of the concept of human factors and the relevance of human factors within the perioperative environment, recognising the importance of a “shared mental model”.
To gain an appreciation of some Human Factor tools, strategies and techniques that can be applied in the workplace such as; Communication, Leadership, Situational Monitoring and Mutual Support.
Topics covered include:-
- Introduction to Human Factors
- Leadership and Communication
- Situational monitoring and mutual support
- The importance of a shared mental model
- What colour hat do you wear?
Please see full programme for learning outcomes - 5 hours CPD entitlement