The AfPP South West team invites all perioperative practitioners to a paediatric focused study day. This study day is open to all Nurses, ODP’s, AP’s, Healthcare Assistants and Students who work in scrub, anaesthetics or recovery and wish to develop or enhance their knowledge on the care of a paediatric patient within the perioperative environment.
The day will be delivered by a variety of guest speakers who are paediatric specialists and will include lectures, skills workshops and for experienced staff the chance to participate in simulation.
Topics covered include:-
- Communicating with difficult children
- Making Every Contact Count (MECC)
- Paediatric A-C (Those who do not routinely work with paediatric patients)
- Simulation session (Those who work routinely with paediatric patients)
- Skills stations: Airway equipment and manoeuvres & Tracheostomy care
- Current research from a paediatric and neonatal research nurse
- Recovery - Pain Assessments
- Transfer of the critically ill child
Please see full programme for learning outcomes - 6 hours CPD entitlement