Could You Be Our New Student Representative?
Released on - 23/12/2021
AfPP Student Members are invited to apply to become our next Student Representative.
This volunteer role is currently vacant as our previous Student Rep, Amy Whitebrook, has now graduated and begun her career as a qualified ODP! (Congratulations Amy)
What Is A Student Representative?
The Student Representative is a key part of the Student and Early Careers Special Interest Group (SIG).
The successful applicant will work closely with SIG Lead & ODP Early Years Advisor, Pamela Dunbar, and Nurse Early Years Advisor, Ellie Yates. The role will involve planning and running study days, and possibly webinars, aimed at students.
Another crucial aspect of the role is to network with other students at these events, as well as at our AfPP Annual Conference. The Student Rep is the voice of student practitioners within the Association, exploring how AfPP can best support students whilst on their courses and beyond.
What's In It For Me?
This is your opportunity to be at the centre of the perioperative community right from the beginning of your career!
- Networking - with the Student and Early Careers SIG, and the wider AfPP membership
- Make a change - tell us what students really need to support their studies
- Boost your CV - develop your skills in communication, organisation, leadership and more
- FREE place at the Annual Conference 2022 - As a thank you, we will cover the cost of your Conference ticket. That includes education, entertainment and accommodation - saving you over £160
"Being the student representative for AfPP was such a wonderful addition to my student experience. I was given so many unique opportunities to collaborate with other members and network within the community. I would encourage anyone thinking of applying to take the chance, as you truly gain as much as you give!"
- Amy Whitebrook, Former AfPP Student Representative
How To Apply
We are welcoming applications from all AfPP Student Members, at any stage of their studies.
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 31 January 2022:
- Your full name
- Your preferred contact email address and telephone number
- The name of your course and university
- 250 - 500 words outlining why you would like to be the AfPP Student Representative
All applications will then be reviewed and the successful applicant will be contacted directly.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or on 01423 881 300.
We look forward to receiving your applications - good luck!