Become an AfPP Consultant and Support Safer Surgery
Released on - 19/04/2022
We are currently looking for new consultants to join our nationwide team!
As AfPP Consultants undertake work through the commercial arm of the Association, all work completed is paid at our standard consultancy rate.
Who We Are Looking For
- Do you have the ability to review clinical practice and identify key areas for quality improvement?
- Are you familiar with measuring specific issues or aspects of health care and clinical practice within the operating theatre?
- Do you have a good understanding of the governance supporting good practice within theatres?
If you answered yes to these three questions, then you could be just the person we are looking for.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful candidates will be:
- An AfPP Member with a strong understanding of our Standards and Recommendations for Safe Perioperative Practice
- Working at Level 6 or above
- Registered with either the HCPC or NMC
To be able to undertake this role, you must have a strong knowledge of safe practice, a good understanding of governance and risk assessment, management experience and previous involvement with the internal audit process within your hospital.
You will also be used to benchmarking and have strong literacy skills to assist with writing up reports following an audit.
About the AfPP Consultant Role
AfPP Consultants play a vital role in supporting our theatre audit and accreditation work.
The role involves carrying out peer reviews of the theatre environment in the NHS and private sector. This work is undertaken using AfPP’s Perioperative Audit Tool.
Full training will be provided for the successful candidates.
- Paid at our standard consultancy rate
- Flexible hours and locations to suit your schedule
- Opportunities to support improvements outside your own hospital / Trust
- External work experience to add to your CV
For more information and to register your interest, please send your CV to email@example.com