Connect to the benefits of being an AfPP Link Member...
- Make a difference to patient safety in your workplace
- Earn rewards to support your career
- Network with colleagues and regional teams
- Be the first to receive AfPP information
What is a Link Member?
They are a key link between AfPP and the perioperative environment. A Link Member will receive regular mailings (postal and electronic) with AfPP promotions, information and news to circulate with colleagues. They display them in the workplace on a dedicated section of each coffee room notice board.
Share the benefits of being a member of a professional association with your colleagues - introduce them to AfPP today or take them on a tour of the AfPP website. Then sign them up using the Link Member application form.
Specific duties of a link member include:
- Introducing new staff members to the benefits of AfPP
- If possible, having a section of the coffee room notice board for AfPP information
- Requesting new membership forms and information when required
- Giving feedback to AfPP headquarters about how AfPP is perceived in the workplace
- Informing AfPP when a new Link Member is required and suggesting names if possible
Every new member you sign up earns you points: 5 points for a Registered Member and 3 points for a Non-registered or Student member. You have the choice to redeem the points straight away or save for a bigger reward.
Remember there is no limit to the number of people you can recruit to AfPP or the number of points you can collect. To redeem your points contact the membership team on 01423 881300 or contact us here
- 5 points = £10 Debenhams voucher OR AfPP watch
- 10 points = £20 AfPP book token
- 15 points = your AfPP membership free for one year
- 20 points = AfPP's Standards & Recommendations for Perioperative Practice OR a full congress pass
HQ staff and members of the regional teams will be there to provide support and networking opportunities.
Link Members provide feedback to AfPP headquarters about opportunities in the workplace and hot topics.
If your hospital has many theatres or they are on different floors, it may need more than one Link Member. Inform AfPP when a new Link Member is required and suggest names if possible.
If you would like to become a link member contact the membership team on 01423 881300 or email us on email@example.com
If you are already a link member and would like to order a free AfPP brochure holder (see picture in related documents at the bottom of this page) then contact the membership team on 01423 881300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AfPP Link Member Brochure Holder
(PDF 563 Kb)